Book online now!
What you can expect:
First I’d like to say thanks for considering Anacortes Whale Watching Tours. There are a host of other good tour operators to choose from, but we think we provide the best service. Our goal is to make your experience with us top-notch. From safety to convenience we have tried to think of everything.
- During the reservation process, if you call, you will be greeted by the polite, well-informed Pattie (my wife) who will answer your questions and help you pick the trip and time that works best for you.
- After you book you will receive an email confirmation detailing the date/time/and place you and your party are expected to show.
- The evening before your trip you will receive a call from your captain/guide. He will answer any last-minute questions you have, and (most importantly) you will now have his personal cell phone number in case you need to call him in the morning
- We utilize an easy-to-find office for check-in. There your captain/guide will greet you with a smile.
- The office is clean, warm, and comfortable with complimentary coffee and bottled water ready for you upon arrival.
- There is plenty of free and secure parking available directly in front of the office.
- Public bathrooms are located in the same building as our office (just behind the stairwell) for your convenience. IN CASE YOU ARRIVE EARLY, THE BATHROOM CODE IS “1973”.
- Your tour
- You will receive a personalized experience: We book no more than six passengers on the boat.
- Our boats are clean, well equipped with heated cabins, and utilize the latest technology. We work daily to keep them in good working order.
- We carry a hydrophone for listening to the whales and a pair of quality binoculars for viewing. There is plenty of elbow room for viewing, photography, and taking in the sights.
- Your captain/guide is both knowledgeable and passionate about Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands, and the wildlife which inhabits them.
- Each boat has a bathroom on board that is primarily to be used as a urinal. We understand that sometimes nature calls, but we highly encourage you to take care of your “daily business” onshore. The vessels’ toilets are not designed to handle heavy loads if you catch my drift!
- If fishing or crabbing, all bait tackle, and equipment provided. We carry a variety of rods, reels, and tackle so you don’t need to bring anything. We do sell one-day fishing licenses if you need them.
- Ocean conditions and weather.
- Your tour will take you among the San Juan Islands and in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The conditions are often very calm and enjoyable within the islands, but we can see some rougher conditions while transiting or while in the Strait.
- WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE DRAMAMINE THE NIGHT BEFORE IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO SEA SICKNESS. (Experience has shown that those who wait until the morning to take Dramamine are often overcome by drowsiness, and the medication will be less effective in combating motion sickness).
- Both of our boats include enclosed cabins where you can relax and get out of the weather if that is your choice, but you will likely be outdoors most of the tour, so we encourage you to bring any clothing, footwear, hats, sunglasses, gloves, you think you may need.
- Our boats have tons of storage room and you will only regret not having what you need to stay warm, comfortable, dry. SO IF YOU THINK YOU MAY NEED IT, BRING IT!
- Coolers are permitted and you can bring all the food and drink you like. Alcohol consumption (beer and wine) is permitted provided no person becomes intoxicated. However, NO HARD ALCOHOL is permitted onboard. Should the captain determine that any one person on the vessel is drunk, the tour will be terminated, he will return the boat to the dock, and no refunds will be afforded.
- The smoking or consumption of marijuana, pot, dope, Mary Jane, weed, tasty buds, etc… is not permitted on our boats.
To Book Your Adventure